Wiki uses a language called "Wiki markup" Here are some guides to help you along with Wiki.
- Wikipedia Cheatsheet A Wiki "Cheatsheet" to the lingo known as "Wiki markup".
- MediaWiki Formatting A guide to wiki page formatting.
- MediaWiki Images A guide to Wiki image syntax.
- MediaWiki Links A guide to Wiki links.
- MediaWiki Lists A guide to adding lists to Wiki pages.
- Wikipedia Markup A more in-depth guide to Wikipedia's language "Wiki markup".
- MediaWiki Tables A guide to adding tables to Wiki pages.
- Wiki Table Generator An open source webpage for easily generating Wikimedia tables.
- To add a link to a individual's profile use this syntax [https://makerfx.slack.com/team/Name] (Do not use the @ symbol for this link)
- To add a link to open a direct message to a member on Slack use this syntax "[https://MakerFX.Slack.com/messages/@name Name on Slack]" For example [https://MakerFX.Slack.com/messages/@Ian Ian on Slack]" will appear as: Ian on Slack and clicking that link will open a direct message to Ian.
- To add a link to a channel on Slack, copy the address of the channel and use this format: [https://makerfx.slack.com/messages/XXXXXXXXX For example [https://makerfx.slack.com/messages/C1G2UHMMZ Woodworking] will appear as Woodworking and clicking that link will take you to the Woodworking channel on Slack.
- Use this link to get to the meetup calendar "[https://www.meetup.com/MakerFX/events MakerFX Meetup Calendar]" This will appear as MakerFX Calendar and clicking it will take you to the calendar.
- Use this link to direct to a specific heading on a page "[http://wiki.makerfx.org/Main_Page#Social_Media Social Media]" This will appear as Social Media